Thursday, February 17, 2011

FCBF -- To Help YOU Organize


This post is the seventh in a series I've been doing entitled "Frugal Can Be Fun."
You can catch up here:

It is my desire that by sharing with you the tips and tricks I've been using to save money, that you too can learn that it can be fun to be frugal.  And save a lot of money in the process!!
And on with the show...

As you might recall, I am the littlest, teeniest, tinsiest bit of a Type A personality.  Uh, wait.  I think I should save that statement for April first.


Okay.  You got me.
I'm a ginormous Type A personality.  I'm not ginormous.  My personality is.
Whatever.
Get it?
Got it.
Good.

In my last post, I told you all the things that I use to organize myself before going shopping.  And, because of that little personality, uh, quirk, I might have, maybe, sorta, really did create a spreadsheet. To help me be more organized, of course.  Not because I had a lot of free time.  "Free time?  Of whence dosteth she speaketh?"  Free time is a laughable term when you're a Greyhaired Momma!

My spreadsheet is divided into columns showing advertised or shelf price, any coupons I have for the item, and the amount of each item to buy.  I've also made it so that the list items are organized by department of the store.  


Now I won't generally use the spreadsheet for a quick trip to CVS, but I did use it on my last big shop to the Commissary, where it seemed to streamline the shopping process.  "The Commissary?  You haven't told us about shopping at the Commissary."  Don't worry my friends.

Shortly I will relate the tale of a coupon savvy Momma who just might be Conquering the Commissary.



"So sit right back and I'll tell the tale.  
The tale of an awesome trip.  
Where Greyhaired Momma saved so much, 
It will make you want to flip!"
Poem/song copyright GHM.  Do not steal.  It's a goodie, I know, but come up with something on your own.  I'll defend this one to the Supreme Court if necessary.  

All joking and tropical islandy thoughts aside, download the spreadsheet.  Share it with your friends.  Feel the balm of organization seeping over your life.  Hear the birds singing.  Feel the cool breeze on your face.   Run through the aisles throwing excess coupons to your painfully unaware fellow shoppers.
Uh, did I just say that out loud?
Anyone?
Anyone? 


**Clicking on either of the hyperlinks above should take you directly to the site to download the spreadsheet.  If it doesn't work for you, just email me or leave a comment with your email address and I'll get it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown

Leave your sweet sounds here: