Monday, August 30, 2010

Clever, clever girl!

Beep!  Beep!  BEEEEEEP!

Yeah, that's the sound of me tooting my own horn. 

Since becoming a homeschooling family, I am finding that it is necessary to find fun and interesting ways for the kids to learn. 

Take, for example, this week's Bible Memory Verse.  We have said it, put it to motions, and said it again.  Then, I came up with this clever idea.  (Yep, you heard that beeping again!)

I made my own puzzle. 


Not like jigsaw style, but the cut-apart-with-many-different-types-of-scrapbooking-scissors type of puzzle.  (WOOT! to G'ma Jimmy for the ginormous rounder of scissors!)



It was quite easy to create the document on my computer, print it out, and then cut it.  Each place where the words connected was cut with a different pair of scissors. 



It seemed to be a big hit, with little to no assistance required. 


I consider it a keeper.
BEEP!  BEEP!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I have a ton of those crafty scissors, and now a wonderful way to put them to good use! Thanks for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown

Leave your sweet sounds here: