Saturday, September 6, 2008

We're fine

My neighbor called yesterday and said, "Thanks, Annie. By renting that generator, you've effectively guaranteed we won't have anything to worry about."

He was right. What we actually received from Hanna pales in comparison to our regular, end of the day thunderstorms. I think all said, we had A wind gust -- maybe up to about 15 MPH, and about 1.5 inches of rain. SHEESH!!

I'm really trying to take the "glass half full" approach on this one and tell myself that now I know what I'll need to do in case we do need to prepare for a hurricane.

But, for now, we're enjoying the grass which was watered for free, and the beautiful sunrise.

1 comment:

  1. We are about to get Hanna this afternoon. We too have been enjoying the free watering of the grass. Glad you guys are okay.

    ReplyDelete

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown

Leave your sweet sounds here: