Saturday, January 12, 2008

The training begins...

I've decided to start training for a 5K. I don't have a specific race in mind that I want to enter, but I do want to be able to run. I've printed and plan to follow a program from Cool Running called the "Couch to 5K Running Program." http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Though I don't consider myself a couch potato (more an office chair/computer type spud) I wanted something new. My workouts had begun to get mundane and therefore were not motivating me at all.

So, you ask, why post it on the blog? Well, I'm doing it to keep myself accountable. Don't worry... At this point I have no plans to bore you with my daily diet, exercise, water consumption, etc. I just want to be able to share my running progress with you as a way to keep myself accountable.

Here's where you come in: Feel free (and please do) ask me where I'm at in the program and how I'm doing. Challenge me, question me, and cheer me on. If I know you've got my back, I think I'll be more successful.

Watch for more postings on my training and maybe even a few pics when I decide to enter races.

Check out this commercial. After watching it, you might be so motivated that you'll join me to train!!

1 comment:

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown

Leave your sweet sounds here: