Monday, January 14, 2008

5K Training-- Day 1 (Again)

Today I ran the first workout for my 5K training. Well, I actually ran it for the first time on Saturday, but since I'm so anal, and there are three scheduled workouts per week, I thought I'd plan all my runs on M,W, and F. So... that meant I had to do workout number 1 again today.

When I ran on Saturday, it went fine, but honestly, I was surprised at how challenging it was. I don't exactly consider myself out of shape. Evidentally NOT in 5K shape, however!!

So, you might be asking, what EXACTLY is the workout right now?
Well...right now, I'm walking briskly for 5 minutes to warm up and then alternating 60 seconds of running with 90 seconds of running briskly for a total of 25-30 minutes.

I was a little worried about this morning's workout, as it's cold here and very windy. But, it went very well. I ran through the historic district downtown, and it was really pretty. Cold and windy, but pretty. (Note to self: put some gloves in the car...)

Overall, I'm still very motivated and looking forward to more training. Bring it on!

I am a little sore though...

1 comment:

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown

Leave your sweet sounds here: