Thursday, December 17, 2009

It has to be done...

For a few months now, I have been perusing a very entertaining blog.  It is based on a "famous" email about a certain cake.  Many of you have seen the photo:



And the story:   "Best Wishes Suzanne.  And, underneath that, "We will miss you."  Got it?

Yeah, they got it!  (Apparently they got it from Wal-Mart, but I'm not here to point fingers.)

So, from this cake, a best selling book and blog developed.  It's appropriately called Cake Wrecks

There are many days that I look through the archives of cakes and laugh so hard I cry.   (I won't lie -- the ones that really make me hoot are under the tab entitled Oh Poop.)

 
(Not even going to comment on that sign!)

There are other days I am simply amazed at how artistic and beautiful some of the creations are.   (These are usually found under Sunday Sweets.)

 

Anyway, if you're looking for a laugh, check it out.  It will be worth your time!

Take, for instance "Poo-dolph" here...





Or maybe you're looking for something a little different for your holiday party.  You want your contribution to the company potluck to stand out.  So, of course, you will choose the perennial favorite of Christmases past:

The Puppy Pecking Parasite of Pastries Past:


It's a DEER TICK!!  Hee hee...

Like I said, there's also some very classy and beautiful creations:




But, if I'm honest, it's the Cake Wrecks that make me laugh, cry, scream, snort, and pee almost wet my pants!!


Oh, Oh, Oh is right!

And if I'm really, really honest?  It's the commentary that accompany the cakes that makes the whole adventure so hilarious.  (And, sometimes you need the comments to simply figure out what the cake is supposed to be, or what the writing on the cake says!)

Just go there.  Read.  Enjoy.  Laugh yourself silly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown

Leave your sweet sounds here: