Friday, November 19, 2010

Sometimes I Thank God...

(Sung to "Unanswered Prayers" by Garth Brooks.)


Just the other day
in my yard of browning grass,
my son, he was a-rakin'
without being asked.


And as I heard him whistling
and saw the pile build,
I couldn't help but smile --
my joyful heart was filled.


Sometimes I thank God
for unassigned chores.
Remember when you're fussin'
'bout stuff on the floors.


Just because you didn't ask him
doesn't mean he won't rake.
Some of God's greatest gifts
are these kids He did make.

"Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."  1 Corinthians 15:58

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it! What a wonderful servant's heart he has! :) Great poem/song too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used this verse today too on my blog. I'm beginning to see a theme for what I'm supposed to learn today, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown

Leave your sweet sounds here: