Tuesday, February 2, 2010

{W}rite of Passage

I'm taking the challenge. 

When I began this blog a few years ago, I did so with the intention of keeping friends and family updated on our lives.  And, mostly, so that the 'rents would stop begging me to send pictures of their grandbabies.

And I did that for a while.  Still do a general update from time to time. 

But once I started writing, I craved more.  More creative writing.  More meaning in each post.  A way for me to express myself and get some of the thoughts that careen around in my head out and on "paper."   It can be a scary thing to put yourself out there -- makes me feel vulnerable.   And exhilarated.

I stumbled upon a blog called {W}rite of Passage.  It's a group of amateur writers doing just that -- writing.  And then submitting their writing to a kind, constructive critique. 

I keep telling people that I would love to write more, to make something of my writing, but that I'm not sure where to begin.  This seems to be a good place to start.  (Isn't that from the Sound of Music?  "We'll start at the beginning, a very good place to start."  I think that's the Do*-A-Deer-Song, but I digress.)  While I'm a bit nervous to see what other people think of my writing (I know Y'all have to say you enjoy my posts because you know and love me!), I'm ready for the challenge. 

I'm taking the challenge.

*Yes, I know that when referring to a female deer, it is spelled 'doe.'  However, I believe that the musical notes are spelled: Do-Ri-Me-Fa-So-La-Ti.  Though I'm no music major...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown

Leave your sweet sounds here: