Saturday, March 21, 2009

Many accomplishments

Cadey has had a great time at school the last two weeks -- well, after I drop her off, that is. We are still having some grumbling in the morning about the "dumb clothes" and she sometimes tries the "I don't want to go to school" routine, but once she's there, she does VERY well.

For example:

Her first week, Cadey earned Student of the Week, complete with a coupon for a free buffet at Golden Corral. (Oh, yay! Lucky me -- where's Bapaw when you need him to take the grands on a trip to the GC???)

Her second week, Cadey read enough books on her "Book It!" form that she earned a coupon for a free personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut. (I'm all over that one!) She also earned enough money (it's a discipline/behavior method the teacher uses in class) that she was rewarded with a trip to the Treasure Box. Only the top three money earners for the week get a trip to the Box!

So, I am thrilled with her accomplishments. The teacher also said she is doing very well, and is right in line with the class -- and is reading "VERY WELL" for her age. Ahhh... I'm so proud of my punkin' and am so happy she's found her place!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown

Leave your sweet sounds here: