Monday, May 19, 2008

First trip to the dentist

Today I took the kids to the dentist for the first time. Now, before you start lecturing me, know that I take VERY good care of my kids' teeth, that Grandpa Duke (who's a dentist) has looked at the kids teeth, and Grandma Jimmy (she's a hygienist, and all around swell person) has given lots of input on the best way to care for the kiddos' teeth.

So, that said, we made our trek. Matthew was all game. He jumped right up in the chair, giggled at almost everything and actually ASKED for the light on in his mouth! He loved the "magic straw" that sucked the water and spit out of his mouth and he played with it even after he had his turn in the chair.

Cadey was a whole different story. Looked at the hygienist very skeptically and just wouldn't take anything she said to heart. Cadey wanted nothing to do with the "tickle toothbrush," the "magic straw," or the special tooth cleaner. The hygienist, being blessed with MUCH more patience than I was, suggested that Cadey sit on my lap. We tried that while the hygienist inspected, flossed, and cleaned -- with a regular toothbrush and paste!

I was a picture taking fool, but you'll notice that there aren't many of Cadey. That's because she was sitting on my lap during her exam and it made taking pictures of her very difficult!!

All in all, it was a good trip. The dentist says they both have beautiful teeth, so I am relieved at that. Cadey would have NEVER gone back had she had to have a shot and cavity filled!! The kids actually asked if they can go back to the dentist tomorrow! Hope they remember that attitude in 6 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown

Leave your sweet sounds here: