Is there anything cuter than a tiny heiny in little briefs? I think not...
On to Cadey... She's been preparing for her first ever recital. Though she's been taking ballet and tap, it seems as if her routine is more jazz. Actually, it's just trying to get 8 little girls to all do the same thing at the same time.
Getting ready for the recital has been really crazy. Seems as if the dance school uses all the same rules/policies for all ages of children, and so my 4 year old is subjected to the same stuff as the 16 year olds who are on the dance team. Here's what I mean:
- Garish Costume $40
- Mandatory ad sales for program $45 (you either bought it yourself or tried to hawk it!)
- Pictures $45 for least expensive option
- Dress Rehearsal, on a Sunday, no parents allowed: 1:30-3:00
- Video of Recital $45 (no private video cameras or still cameras with flash allowed)
- Recital Day flowers: $20
- Recital: Arrive 45 minutes early, then sit through 1 hour of earlier performances, perform for 1 minute 30 seconds, then sit for another 30 minutes. No parents allowed backstage, no early leavers, no late arrivals.
- Another frustration: Recital is scheduled on Bryan's first day of pre-deployment leave, the day we are to leave for our trip to Florida!!!
Needless to say, I'm not very happy about it all. SHE'S FOUR!! And there ain't no way she'd be confused with a prima ballerina at this point!!
Cadey has not been too excited about the recital, as she doesn't understand why people are looking at her and smiling and laughing. I've tried to explain it all, but we'll see if she actually dances on the day of the BIG SHOW. Next week, the girls will have a dress rehearsal at the dance school that we can video. If I can get a good video of her next week at the dance school, and she doesn't want to dance at the recital, we'll just bag it and head to Florida!
Okay, enough ranting and on to the photos I quickly snapped last weekend while the girls were waiting for their professional photos .
And about an hour after I took this photo, Cadey's fever soared up to 105.7 and we started battling a horrible virus that took over 5 days to get rid of. Her fevers were the scariest part, with the highest being 106. She's still a little congested, but no more fevers! WHEW!
So, watch for video/photos of the recital/dress rehearsal to see what happens!