Tuesday, February 26, 2008

5K Update

It's been a rough couple of weeks. I had a fairly serious sinus infection which I finally caved to and saw a doctor. One day on antibiotics and I felt much better. (Yes, I know... Take all the meds even if I'm feeling better.) Anyway that yuck in my head kept me from keeping up with the running program.

What that means is that I spent a few runs on the treadmill. WHAT A FARCE!! Yes, I was moving and burning calories, but I was also running like Flo Jo! I finally figured out that running on a treadmill is WAAAAAY easier than running outside. (DUH!)

So, when I finally made it back outside yesterday, it was rough. I felt like someone was standing on my chest. But I ran. And ran. And ran. (Now that I think of it, I'm not sure that you can call what I do running. More like a fast shuffle.)

Even though I've been told, "You won't be ready." I am keeping up with the program. I am running (shuffling) more and walking less. And here's the big news: I've registered for the race: The Hilton Head Island Shamrock Shuffle (see, I'll fit right in!). The race is on Saturday, March 15th. Please keep me in your prayers. And watch for pictures...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you will do just fine! It was great seeing you for 5 seconds on saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown

Leave your sweet sounds here: